Wednesday, October 23, 2013

LE MOBILE™

This is where it all began. 
In 2007, I submitted my first design to Hermes.    It was a purse organizer insert that I could use each and every day, allowing me to change my bags in mere seconds.

I  like to pair my purse with my attire, and occasion, and I have a core of key necessities;  lipstick,  comb, readers, phone, breath spray, hand sanitizer and facial tissue.        I may also carry an array of  other items; but my core items are the soul of my purse.

I was thrilled when Hermes approved my design, and I happily settled in to waiting; which is what you do, with Hermes.

I was so excited, I didn't even think to question, or complain.    My answer was always yes, whatever the craftsman thinks, is fine with me.    And it was.     

Now I'm not saying, I'm not thrilled with the level of craftsmanship, and the quality of the leather.
I'm thrilled to bits, by their perfectly stitched exquisiteness, and I love the colours, and  the gold foil stamping done especially for me.   La Donna e Mobile.   Woman is flighty.

My purse organizers, allow me to change my bags, as quickly as I change my mind.


And change my mind; I do.

 Size wise the small insert was perfect for my Hermes Garden Party TPM, and Birkin 25, Birkin 30,  Kelly28 and Kelly 32 bags.   The medium size were especially made for a Birkin 35cm and  Hermes Victoria. Once I got over the initial thrill of my little bespoke purse inserts; I bemoaned the fact that the pockets had not been gusseted; as I had requested.
I could fit my core necessities inside; but it made the outside profile of my organizers misshapen; and that bothered me.

I first thought about asking Hermes to remake one for me, then a thought occurred; why not save some money, and make one myself ?

Tossing ideas around with my good friend Michael Tonello, we decided to venture forth; and this is how No Sacrifice began.

No comments:

Post a Comment